Design Technology Manager
Position Description: Gould Evans is seeking a full-time Design Technology Manager to work as part of our collaborative design studios. Ideal candidate would have strong people and leadership skills and have broad experience in a range of project types. This individual will be responsible for providing design technology leadership and supporting project teams to create a strong design technology culture grounded in best practices and advancement through collaboration and feedback from our studios.
At Gould Evans, we believe partnership is not about compromise. It is the expression of individual talents made manifest through a shared vision. We seek employees and clients who share our values of intellectual curiosity, collaboration and passion for meaningful design outcomes.
Our portfolio is intentionally diverse – in project type, scale and location. This diversity is a strength that encourages innovative, critical thinking and discourages a formulaic approach. Above all, we work to create solutions that transform their surroundings, engage their occupants, sustain their environment and support our clients’ missions.
Currently, we have more than 150 associates across our Phoenix, San Francisco, Kansas City, Lawrence and New Orleans studios.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
- Develop and curate Revit content, including office template, families, and detail libraries
- Provides documentation, training, and mentoring on firm best practices and workflows to associates
- Project team support through BIM kickoffs and execution plans, modeling support and QC
- Expand the firm’s capabilities in the use of design applications to strengthen project delivery
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the firm’s design and construction drawings
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plans.
We’re seeking candidates with:
- A professional degree in architecture or a related field, required. Licensure, preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working on projects of varying types/scales.
- 3+ years of experience in BIM management for a large multi-office firm, preferred.
- An understanding of how design applications can support all phases of the design process.
- Strong people skills – a good listener, communicator, organizer who is self-motivated.
- Revit expertise, required. Experience with other related software platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of applications and workflows related to rendering, 3D printing, virtual reality, energy modeling, etc., required. Expertise, preferred.
- A forward-thinking approach to stay on top of the latest advances in design technology.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and an electronic portfolio (PDF format/10MB limit) to HR@gouldevans.com. Please, no calls about this position. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled